Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My first official blog and vlog!

Well hello there everyone! I'm so happy ya'll decided to read this little blog of mine. I look forward to updating you on my weight loss journey, more like a never ending story but NOT FOR LONG! I proclaim there will be an ending to this... a thin one =) 

So, I decided to start vlogging and blogging to keep myself accountable during the next 3 months. I began this adventure pushing myself way out of my comfort zone. I took pictures of myself ( full body pics) YIKES! Front, back and side views. Oh Dios! The minute I took a look at them I wondered why in the world were people telling me me that I look good?! Uhm no.. I don't. lol. Well maybe a little bit, jeje. But, I want to FEEL good!!! And that is why I'm here. I want to live a healthier, clean, fulfilling life on all levels. I was made to be happy and I am going to fight, squat, lift and sweat my way to it! 

I started ChaLean Extreme, one of the Beach Body workout dvd programs on May 30th. I am going to be honest, it has been a tough month. I haven't followed the program religiously but I have been seeing results. . I try my best to get in 3-4 workouts a week. I love the fact that they include weight lifting and some cardio. Muscle burns fat has been embedded in my mind thanks to Chalene, lol. I also joined a walking club at work which has ended due to the hot weather, but as an incentive to keep working out, they have offered me a free six week membership to the fitness center. I intend to go at least 4 times a week for 45 min in addition to the workouts I will be engaging in at home. 

As for my nutrition, it's clean eating all the way. I buy mostly organic produce, lots of fruits and vegetables, nuts, legumes, green smoothies and lots of juicing. Oh and I can't forget my green tea. I try my best not to consume any processed foods or breads. 

For more accountability I will be posting a few videos and pictures a week. Some will be of my meals, others of my workouts and pretty much me venting along this life changing path I have chosen to walk on. 

So that's enough for now. I look forward to your comments, tips, support and prayers. 

I know I can do this. I will do this. 

Peace,
G

5 comments:

  1. Hey G,

    Great job on the blog/vlog! It's a great idea and and a great way to live a healthy lifestyle. We are all trying over here as well and this adds to our motivation.

    Great job again, and I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Giselle! Good for you, I'm so proud! I've also been trying to change my lifestyle as far as eating and exercise... it's been quite a journey lol so thanks for the extra motivation. Your journey helps me persevere in mine! :-) I know you're gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading and hearing about your progress. You can do this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Gis!! Again super proud, and count on me to encourage you and pray along with you! I know what a HUGE step this is for you, and i am really happy you taking it, and look forward to keep up with your progress!
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete