Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!!! Yes, I'm still here =) What can I say? It is a journey right? It's been six months since my first post back in June and even though I haven't lost all the weight I had wanted to I have gained more than what I had envisioned.

My total weight loss has been 18 pounds. Not too bad. But it can definitely be better. My gains have been much more exciting to tell you the truth. Gaining freedom, peace of mind, control, discipline, faith, knowledge, some muscle, strength, flexibility and a new found me are making this journey well worth it.

Sometimes we get stuck on the numbers and it's not really about that at all. I'm focusing on all the lessons life has taught me throughout my 31.5 years of existence. Lessons that are far more greater than any number on the scale.

I'm not going to post a New Year Resolution. I've figured out it's pretty pointless. What I am going to do is LIVE. Live without regrets, LEARN from my mistakes and the mistakes of others and LOVE unconditionally. I believe as I start to put those things in perspective everything else I set my eyes upon will naturally occur. Concentrating on all the negative things won't help me at all. By aligning my thoughts towards the good I instantly cancel out the bad.  It will take time to control and train my mind to do what it is meant to do but I WILL do it.  Each day is a new beginning. I will fall but will get back up stronger every time.

I encourage you all to take control of your mind, of your life. There is no way you can have a positive life with a negative mind. Think about the things you are thinking about. Try building your character this year by going against the grain. The only way you can build character is by doing what you know is right even when you don't want to. Feelings are our worst enemy. If we continue to live by our feelings then we will honestly never live a fulfilled life, a life with purpose. Feelings are fickle, they come and go. Feeling happy is not actually a feeling, it's a choice. You choose your happiness no matter what circumstance you are in.

Romans 12:2 says, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Let us, through God, learn how to strengthen our mind. It is through our thoughts and actions that we express who we really are. May this year bring us the ability to take hold of our purpose filled life.

Blessings,
G

P.S. If you have a myfitnesspal account and would like to follow me please look me up under GiselleRoldan.





No comments:

Post a Comment