Friday, September 20, 2013

I'm Back!

Aloha everyone.

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Anyhow, I'm back and still fighting! It's been a busy couple of months. I've fallen off the fit wagon a couple of times with my eating and lack of exercise. Even gained back a few pounds, but happy to say that I also lost them and more. Yay! I am currently under my pre-pregnancy weight by 5 pounds along with a few more inches lost. I'm very happy about that. I will update the pictures next week.

So here goes a little rant. Procrastination is evil ... just evil!!! I've been struggling with this demon for years and I'm just about done with it! Little by little I've learned to conquer it. I've made it a priority to do what's best for me today, not tomorrow. Swimming against the current makes you stronger, right? I'm so tired of saying, "I'll do it later" and actually never doing it and then getting upset at myself for not doing it instead of doing it, lol. Ughh! Life can get as complicated as we allow it to be. I'm so done! It will be a struggle but I will get through it- day by day. This is definitely not a habit I want my children to pick up on. It will hurt them in the future. I know it. It's hurt me. It's delayed my blessings, my life, my happiness, but not anymore. I have control over this, over my life through God who gives me strength.

I'm now a stay at home mom ( super thrilled about that). So I make sure to wake up before the kids do and get my sweat on. If I don't do it in the morning I won't do it at all. No procrastination here! Halleluyers! It can get a little crazy with a 4 1/2 year old and 7 month old, lol. My workouts usually are no more than 30 minutes long. After the kids wake, I go about my day which consists of changing diapers, kissing booboos , cleaning and cooking and everything else in between and I enjoy every single minute of it! Taking care of my family first has been of great change in my life. It's not that I didn't before but now it's different. I take care of my own kids. What they see is what they mirror. They are my supervisors, lol. I have to be what I want them to be. What I eat, the way I act is what they will remember. So I am trying my ultimate best to show them and live with them a healthy lifestyle. I have to practice what I preach everywhere!

You know it really is all mind over matter. The more you think about something the more you believe it and eventually act upon it. I like to consider myself a very positive and optimistic person for the most part. But there are or rather were some things that I just couldn't be positive about. The biggest issue being my weight and self confidence. Those who know me well can testify how miserable I was. Being held hostage in your own body is not fun. It not only makes you feel horrible but it also drains the life out of those around you. Thankfully, I can say those things are in the past.

My advice to those starting, thinking about or still on this journey is to remember that it's not about the number on the scale. It's about you. Your mind, your body, your soul. When all those things are aligned, it is the most amazing feeling ever. When all of you is going in the same direction the possibilities are endless. There is nothing, absolutely nothing you can't conquer! Forget about what people say. You CAN and WILL do what you put your mind and heart to. It may take longer than others but you are on your way. Your story is different. You are different. Different is good. Believe it. Live it. Do it!

Blessings,
G


3 comments: